I was wondering if there was an easy way to inject DEB tweaks to a jailbroken iGizmo. e.g. 3uTools and iMazing can both inject IPAs; is there a program that can transfer over and install DEBs in a similar manner, or a way to convert DEBs to IPA bundles?
I was wondering this, as jailbroken devices still depend on the internet to install at least OpenSSH or Filza and Apple File Conduit 2, before you can manually install debs. Manual installation of debs (WITHOUT first installing OpenSSH etc.) would be very useful for getting wiped/reset devices back up and running with all the essentials, as well as avoiding painfully slow manual installation on the devices themselves. It also removes an online dependency, always useful, given how repos tend to die out.
Q: SO WHY SHOULD I READ THIS WHEN IVE GOT AN IPHONE X? A:
Yeah why are you reading this? Go play some PUBG mobile since my weak Ipad 1 can at best hypothetically reach the loading screen before crashing. Serious answer though, the Ipad 1 run on 5.1.1 so everything written below should work on your device if your planning on playing some games. But seriously, if you have a newer apple device then why are you reading this? (Skip below if you don't want to read my ramblings and just want the games/apps)
Author's note: If you are like me and was given an Ipad 1 rocking OS 5.1.1 and have no intention of ever buying an apple device in the future then this might be for you. Since the Ipad 1 is so old and the OS is capped to that version, if you ever tried downloading anything from the apple store then 99% of the chance you can't download a damn thing. With that said, I said 99% so for that juicy 1% there are still some apps out there that work on legacy Ipad 1.
So if you are trying to figure out what can you possible do with an Ipad 1 in 2020, here is a realistic list of uses:
- "Simple" Internet searching. Expect to crash with like 3 tabs or more and you can't load most sites. Still if you're like little johnny who needs needs Wikipedia to do a biology report or you need to quickly search what a simp means then who cares if it crashes a lot.
- Ebooks or reading pdfs. For some reason, Ibooks still functions properly and I don't know if it even still exists in newer apple devices but I'm not one to complain. You can drag you pdf's to Itunes and it will still sync to your grandad ios device.
- Listening to music. I would rather use an Ipad but if you want to feel like Mick Jagger walking down a street with a Walkman than go for it. You can still sync your music to your Ipad 1 with good old Itunes.
- A Second monitor. Surprisingly this works really well. Using the Twomon usb and it's pc/mac software and as long as your device is connected via cable, your Ipad 1 can act as a second monitor with reliable enough speed. Just don't expect to be playing COD at full fps on your makeshift Ipad monitor.
- Some'ish social media. You can view some social media sites in your Ipad internet browser and expect a ton of crashes when doing so. Note: After multiple attempts, couldn't really find a way to make youtube work at all whether through internet or the app. All the other methods are outdated and don't seem to work as of 2020. Invidio.us is an alternative to the youtube site but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
- Netflix. I kid you not this was the biggest surprise to me. The old app still works on an Ipad 1 and can play movies at full speed and with subtitles even.
- Gaming. The reason why probably most of you are here. Trying to search for games through the app store is near down right impossible, but don't worry since ya boy here has got you covered.
- Others. If you go to youtube, there are many other things you can do but most of ten or not they would require you to have another apple device so that you can re-download an old version or there are even some premium apps. This guide is more for people who didn't download the app before or don't have another apple device.
Legacy Ipad 1; Looking for ios apps
For legacy Ipad1, I basically call it that when your device isn't jailbroken
, here are some sites to help you look for your apps:
- IOS 5 COMPATIBLE Games and Apps. It's a website that lists some apps and games that work on an Ipad 1. They lead directly to the apple store so you can download them from your device.
- Find Old Apps. As the name suggests, it is somewhat a masterlist of old apps compatible with your device. Take note that a lot of them seem not to work or are removed from the app store.
Things to Consider first (skip if you are an IOS tech chad):
Now where going to the juicy part. Before you download any of the things below, you need to read the following below. Disclaimer: All the apps listed before are for jailbroken devices. I am not responsible if you end up bricking your device. Furthermore, I do not own any of the apps listed below so all credit goes to their original owners so support the developers when you can!
- A jailbroken Ipad 1
- A software to install .ipa files.
I. Jail-breaking your device (skip if you have already done this)
My honest opinion is that you should jailbreak your device. With the legacy Ipad 1, there is very little with what you can do. With a jailbroken device, your options expand and one advantage of such is being able to install ios apps from a pc to your device. There are many tutorials online on how to jailbreak your device. I am not responsible in the event that you end up breaking your device or voiding your warranty
. That's the risk you have to bear. Although to be honest, it's an Ipad 1 so I doubt voiding a warranty means anything at this point.
Here is a video on jailbreaking an Ipad 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X806hQdgosk
The video is is a different language but easy enough to follow. I've done it myself so I can guarantee that the steps are safe. Just jump halfway to the part where he starts using the 3UTools software. II. A software to install .ipa files.
Personally I recommend either using 3U TOOLS
since they both have user friendly interfaces. For, now I recommend the one from 3U Tools. ** So if everything is set and using 3U tools and on the tab that says Jailbroken a yes indicated, you can now begin to install your apps!
Games/APPS and more!
Now for the real reason why you're here! If you read through my ramblings then I'm touched and I'll kiss ya when I see ya. If you didn't then it's cool since at the end of the day it's all about what I can give to ya. How to install an ios app:
IOS apps have the file extension of .ipa.
Using 3U TOOLS
, all you have to do is click apps on the left side panel -> Import&Install ipa (top portion), and choose the file to install.
Usable apps that work on an Ipad 1:
- UC Browser HD
- Google Chrome
- TwomonUSB (compatible app to convert IPAD 1 to a second monitor)
Games and Apps:
Note: You'll need a torrent software to download some of the apps. I personally recommend Utorrent and it's FREE!
Master List (check each link for more games)
- https://archive.org/details/@ios_classics. This is the Holy Grail for Ipad1 Games. From all the apps I tested, they seems to work so to download an app just click the one you like and on the right side click torrent and download the one you want and install with 3U TOOLS or IFunbox
- https://archive.org/details/ipaarchive?and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22data%22&and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22software%22&sort=titleSorter&page=7. Same as link above.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLB4jI66Cjc. Credits to the dude in the video and give him a like and sub. He shows some of the gameplay for the apps listed. The link in his description has Ipad1 games with a total file size of 50gb . Games like Cytus 2, GTA, Need for Speed Most Wanted and many more: You can also click this link for the list of games or this link if you want to download them all.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X806hQdgosk&t=18s. Another youtube link and give the dude a sub and like. This is 7gb of Ipad 1 Games and Apps. From my testing, they seem to work so if ya got the time then check them out. Here is the mediafire link in his description.
My personal list
If you haven't checked the links above, I highly recommend you do since that's where I got most of the games. These are direct links to save you time and you can google search what the games look like.
Note: Some games won't work with internet on and some off. For Example, Plants V Zombies 2 wont work with internet on while Sims Free City needs internet to work.
Also, some games would reguire you to press the 2x button
located at the bottom right of your screen. This is fine since some apps were design to support both a iphone and ipad resolution but in the event that it doesn't it still looks decent enough to play with.
- 101 games (I can't confirm if it does have 101 games. You have to unlock the rest by playing the mini games so if you have the time then go nuts and besides the filesize is small anyway so why not download it!)
- Adventure bar story (RPG with some cooking mixed into it)
- Angry birds collection (Includes: Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars )
- A.Surgeon (Kinda like a surgeon simulator but more tacky)
- Aralon HD (Action rpg)
- Asphalt 7 (Racing)
- Arc Squadron (Like playing starfox)
- Assassins (basically assassins creed but more rpg'ish):
- Backstab (Action rpg)
- Battle for Wesnoth HD (Tun base strategy fantasy game)
- Blade of Darkness (Action rpg)
- BaseballSuperstars2009: (It's baseball with chibi characters)
- Bloody fun day (It's like bejweled but with a uniqe way to play it)
- Bio crisis: (Top down roguelike scifi rpg)
- Chess classics (Basically Chess)
- Crash Bandicoot Kart 2 (Racing)
- Cytus (Music; there is also an android version of this)
- Crazy taxi (Mayhem taxi simulator)
- Dexter hd: (Based on the dexter series; you're basically a serial killer so think hitman but psycho)
- Doom (Shooter;classic doom to its finest)
- Eternal Legacy (Scifi JRPG)
- Elven Chronicles: (Fantasy JRPG)
- Fruit ninja (Basically, you slice fruit when it appears on screen)
- Gangster Rio (LIke GTA)
- GBA Emu (GBA emulator; download you roms and create a folder in you idevice and put em there)
- Geometry dash: (Side-scroller jumper pretty fun I recommend you get this)
- Gta vice city (Classic GTA )
- Highborn (Medieval grid turn based strategy)
- Hills and Rivers Remain(Like a tower defense bust with strategy; fantasy)
- Hungry Shark (Play as a shark and go on a rampage; side scroller)
- Jump to Medieval: (Kinda like a defense game where you "Hold the fort" with some tower defense elements)
- Mirror's edge (Sidescroller parkour game)
- Magika (Sidescroller magic beatemup; really fun actually)
- Nanosaur 2 (Control a pterodactyl, collect eggs, uses gyro; I recommend you get this)
- Need for speed most wanted (Racing)
- Need for speed shift (Racing)
- Oceanhorn (Really good fantasy arpg; recommend you get)
- Plants vs zombies 2 (turn off internet to play)
- Subway surfers (Runner; I think it's the one that popularized the genre)
- Sims freeplay (Needs internet to initiate but playable afterwards)
- Sim City Deluxe (Does not need internet; good old classic sims)
- Samuraigirl (Sidescroller rpg)
- Super ko boxing 2 (Pretty damn good boxing game)
- Super monkey ball 2 (Personal favorite; control with gyro and lead your monkeyball to the goal)
- Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes - Encore: (JRPG)
- Terminator Salvation (#rd person shooter)
- Utakata (Mystery VN)
- Uno ios (Classic uno; more than one person can play in 1 device an has single player)
- Resident evil 4 (3rd person zombie shooter)
- Romance Of The Three Kingdoms Touch (Grid based Civilization like gameplay)
- Starfront collission (Scifi RTs; I recommend you get this)
- Tekken Bowl (Tekken so it basically a fighting game)
- Wipeout (Based on the TV series; sidescroller jumper and pretty fun)
- Wolfenstein 3d (Think doom and add hitler)
- Wolfenstein Rpg (It's like the one above but with more emphasis on story)
- ZenoniaCollection (1-5) (Action JRPG; I recommend you get all of it for an immersive story)
If there are any problems with the link feel free to comment below and I'll try to fix it. Also, if you know of other IPad 1 games playable let me know below.