Drive-Up/Walk-Up In-Person Absentee Procedure
- If you have your own ballpoint pen to use, please wave it at the absentee clerk as they approach you at a drive-up/walk-up absentee voting site. The absentee clerk will be wearing a reflective vest and a face mask.
- The absentee clerk will give you an absentee envelope to fill out on a clipboard that is disinfected after each use.
- The absentee clerk will need to check your voter ID. You may hold your ID up to your window for the absentee clerk to see.
- Once you mark your ballot, you will seal it in the absentee envelope.
- You will sign your envelope in the presence of the absentee clerk. The absentee clerk will sign as your witness.
- At the end of the drive-up/walk-up voting shift for the day, your absentee will be brought to the Clerk's Office in a courier bag with a tamper-evident seal. The unique serial number on the tamper-evident seal is documented on a chain-of-custody form, as is the number of absentee envelopes sealed in the courier bag.
- The Clerk's Office will verify the serial number on the tamper-evident seal, and the number of absentee envelopes sealed inside the courier bag.
- Your absentee will remain sealed in its envelope and secure in the Clerk's Office until it is delivered to your polling place to be processed on Election Day.
- On Election Day, the poll workers at your polling place will check your envelope into the poll book, and will feed your ballot into the tabulator to be counted.
Drive-Up/Walk-Up In-Person Absentee Voting Locations The following dates, hours, and locations are confirmed: City Clerk's Office
210 Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard #103October 20-November 18 a.m. - 7 p.m. weekdays, 1-5 Saturdays, 1-5 Sundays Goodman South Madison Library
2222 S. Park StreetOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Line up on to the right of the line of cones parallel with Park Street facing the library. Lakeview Library
2845 N. Sherman AvenueOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Meadowridge Library
5726 Raymond RoadOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Pinney Library
516 Cottage Grove RoadOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Hawthorne Library
2707 E. Washington AvenueOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Alicia Ashman Library - NO APPOINTMENTS REMAINING
733 N High Point RoadOctober 20-31All appointment slots for Alicia Ashman have been filled through October 31.
Hours available for appointments: 12-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Sequoya Library
4340 Tokay BoulevardOctober 20-3112-6 weekdays, 1-4 Saturdays Tent at UW-Madison Memorial Union\
*800 Langdon StreetOctober 20-3011 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tent at UW-Madison Union South
*1308 W. Dayton StreetOctober 20-3011 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tent at UW-Madison Student Activity Center\333 East Campus MallOctober 20-3011 a.m.- 6 p.m.\
= inside Memorial Union if weather is bad Edgewood College
Outside of Predolin Hall (or inside at Phil's dining area if weather is bad)959 Edgewood College DrOctober 26-3010am - 2pm Madison College Truax Campus
Human & Protective Services Building1701 Pearson StreetWeekdays October 20-3010 a.m. - 6 p.m. Madison College South Campus
Cafeteria/designated parking in lot behind the building2429 Perry StreetWeekdays October 20-3010 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Ballot Drop-Off Sites with a Witness Available
A poll worker wearing a high visibility vest will be present outside the following locations to accept your absentee ballot and to serve as your witness, if needed, at the following locations (weather permitting). Voters who need a witness should bring their blank ballot and absentee certificate envelope from home.
City Clerk's Office
210 Martin Luther King Jr BlvdWeekdays, September 22 - November 2, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Library Dream Bus
Look for the poll worker alongside the Library Dream Bus at these locations, only at the times listed:
- 7933 Tree Lane, Mondays in Sept & Oct, 12-12:45 p.m.
- The Crossings, 1128 Morraine View Dr, Mondays in Sept & Oct,1-2 p.m.
- ReNew, 6723 Schroeder Rd, Mondays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Leopold Elementary School, 2602 Post Rd, Tuesdays in Sept & Oct, 11 a.m. - noon
- Bridge - Lakepoint - Waunona Community Center, 1917 Lake Point Dr, Tuesdays in Sept & Oct, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Mendota Elementary School, 4002 School Rd, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 1-2 p.m.
- Kennedy Heights Community Center, 199 Kennedy Heights, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Oak Park Terrace, 571 Branding Ln, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 3:30-4 p.m.
- Sandburg Elementary School, 4114 Donald Dr, Thursdays in Sept & Oct, 11:30 a.m. - noon
- East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Ct, Thursdays in Sept & Oct, 2-2:30 p.m.
- Allied Drive Learning Center, 2237 Allied Dr, Fridays in Sept & Oct, 1-1:45 p.m.
- Owl Creek, 23 Horned Owl Dr, Fridays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3 p.m.
Any in-person absentee voting site
October 20 - November 1Check locations and hours.
Your own polling place on Election Day
Tuesday, November 3, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Ballot Drop-Off Sites with a Without A Witness Available
Absentee Ballot Drop Boxes
You may return your ballot via drop box until 5 p.m. Monday, November 2. If returning your absentee ballot on Election Day, please take it directly to your polling location.📷
- Fire Station 1: 316 W Dayton St
- Box is located just east of the main driveway.
- Fire Station 2: 421 Grand Canyon Dr
- Box is located on west side of Grand Teton Pkwy before the station’s back driveway.
- Fire Station 3: 1217 Williamson St
- Box is located in small garden just outside station front door. Walk-up traffic only.
- Fire Station 4: 1437 Monroe St
- Box is located just east of driveway right across from the badger at Camp Randall. Just beneath the Madison: Solar America City sign.
- Fire Station 5: 4418 Cottage Grove Rd
- Box is located on Atlas Ave between the bus stop and the station’s back driveway.
- Fire Station 6: 825 W Badger Rd
- Box is located behind station on west side of Perry St just south of Madison College driveway.
- Fire Station 8: 3945 Lien Rd
- Box is located east of station on east side of Parkside Dr.
- Fire Station 9: 201 N Midvale Blvd
- Box is located behind station on west side of Meadow Ln.
- Fire Station 10: 1517 Troy Dr
- Box is located on north side of station near the intersection of Troy Dr and Hanover St.
- Fire Station 11: 4011 Morgan Way
- Box is located behind station on east side of Crossing Pl between station driveway and intersection of Crossing Pl and Nelson Rd.
- Fire Station 12: 400 South Point Rd
- Box is located just north of station on South Point Rd near intersection of South Point Rd and Briar Haven Dr.
- Fire Station 13: 6350 Town Center Dr
- Box is located just east of station driveway on north side of Town Center Dr.
- Fire Station 14: 3201 Dairy Dr
- Box is located just north of station driveway near intersection of Dairy Dr and Prairie Dock Dr.
- Elver Park Shelter: 1250 McKenna Blvd
- Box is located in island of the circle drive near the park shelter.
Check with the City Clerk's office at (608) 266-4601 or on line
Check your voting status: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/