pfBlockerNG-devel v3.0.0 No longer bound by Unbound - DNSBL Unbound Python Integration Released
Continue to follow in the pfSense forum and on Twitter [ u/bbcan177
], Reddit [ pfBlockerNG
and Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/pfBlockerNG
) for pfBlockerNG news and support.
Thank you for the Support! The package is now available for pfSense 2.4.5, and will be available in pfSense 2.5 when the next builds are updated by the pfSense devs.
There seems to be a permissions issue in Unbound with this update. working with the pfSense devs for a solution.
In the meantime, change the /vaunbound folder permissions with the following cmd:
chown unbound:unbound /vaunbound
There is a fix to the package plist file to set the proper folder permissions for the /vaunbound folder: https://github.com/pfsense/FreeBSD-ports/commit/94c2f1063b94d5336bf7bc446fcc4f13153fa4a2#diff-41af7ba58ac46421a63b5d35c25c270f0a422f4c7de0e74a30de78ed3cf7a696 Update to v3.0.0_1
Thanks for all your patience!
* DNSBL - Python Mode Integration ( This mode is only available for pfSense v2.4.5 and above
* TOP1M - Add Tranco as the default TOP1M Whitelist [ https://tranco-list.eu/
* DNSBL VIP Type = CARP (High Availability Sync) improvements
* XMLRPC Sync Tab - Remove the CARP HA Skew from being sync'd
* Add Localhost at the default DNSBL Listening interface
(Suggest all existing users change to this interface
* DNSBL Web Server is now bound to localhost instead of 0.0.0.0
* Widget - Packet counters are more accurate, however, the Clear counter option will now clear all pfSense counters.
* Widget - Tooltip Improvements
* Widget - Add IDN/Regex/TLD Allow entries
* DNSBL SQLite statistic databases are now located in the /vaunbound folder
* DNSBL IPv6 blocking
* Wizard - Add IPv6 checkbox
* Wizard - Add DNSBL Whitelist checkbox to allow users to disable the default DNSBL Whitelist.
* Alerts/Reports tab - Timeline Bar graph charts (via d3Pie)
* Alerts/Reports tab - Pause Icon added to halt the page refresh on each table.
* Alerts/Reports tab - Several new Settings to refine the Reports page output
* Alerts/Reports tab - Page refresh timer now starts after page has been fully loaded.
* Alerts/Reports tab - Add port lookup tool
* DNSBL Block page - Screen resolution improvements for device screen sizes
* ASN - Database updated
* DNSBL TLD database updated
* Add the DNSBL SafeSearch menu option to the User Privileges page
* CURL - Download speed improvements (CURLOPT_TCP_FASTOPEN, CURLOPT_TCP_NODELAY)
* DNSBL Web Server certificate improvements (by PiBa)
* DNSBL Restore Resolver DNS cache option on Cron/Force Update/Force Reloads
* DNSBL improvements to the Stop and Start of Unbound
* DNSBL Null Blocking mode with or without logging
* Add Threat Page lookups - GreyNoise, Shodan and Stop Forum Spam
* Improvement to pfblockerng.log messages
* Feeds added/removed/edit
* Several improvements to the Alerts/Reports Tab
* Several other under-the-hood improvements CAUTIONS
The DNS Resolver (Unbound) DHCP Registration option is not compatible with DNSBL Python mode. The pfSense devs are aware and changes are required to be made to the dhcpleases binary to stop/start Unbound instead of sending a SIGHUP. The use of this option and the Unbound Python mode will cause an Unbound crash.
If DHCP Registration is enabled in Unbound Python mode, or DHCP Registration enabled after Unbound Python mode is enabled, Unbound Python mode will be downgraded to Unbound mode to prevent Unbound from crashing.
The DNS Resolver Unbound "Views" feaure it not currently compatable with DNSBL Python mode. The "Views" feature will be incorporated into the new Python Mode in future.
Feodo Tracker - URL Changed, Add new Feed options
URLhaus - Add new Feed options
ISC - Changed URL from dshield.org
ISC Low/Med/High - These feeds are currently "Suspended" by ISC, so it is blank. Will monitor if this changes.
ISC - Add TOR Feed to TOR IP Group
ISC - Add Onyphe Feed
Talos-Snort - Changed URL
Add more DoH feeds to "DoH" Group
Bambenek (BBC) Feeds now require Registration and the URLs are changed. Moved from PR1 rto PRI3.
EasyList Privacy new URL (Note: other Easylist URLs may change in future)
Easylist Lithuanian - URL Changed
Easylist - Adware Filter - URL changed, not sure if this feed is still supported?
Krisk Intel Feeds - New Feeds
MalTrail Feed - New Feed
BadIPs - Seems to be down - Will monitor if this changes. Blocklist.de
- Added donate link Blocklist.de
- Added new Feed Option
AzORult Tracker - New Feed
Added new IP "SCANNERS" Group Public-dns.info
- Add second Feed option (IPv4/6) myip.ms
- Add second Feed option (IPv4/6)
Antisocial Engineer - Moved from Malicious Group to Malicious2 Group. This feed is UK Centric and can cause FPs.
Removed discontinued Sysctl Feeds
Removed discontinued Heuristic Security DoH Feed